Sign in or
Leadership and Race Events
- Northern California Grantmakers: Philanthropic Strategies to Develop Culturally Inclusive Leadership
Time: 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Location: One Market, Landmark Building, Suite 400
There exists a range of approaches to nonprofit leadership development. Examples include encouraging civic leadership, organizational assessment of leadership capacity, and fellowship models of leadership development. As funders explore the spectrum of nonprofit leadership programs—and the juncture between race and leadership—there are additional considerations around investing in leadership and communities of color. In a recent collaborative research initiative by the Leadership Learning Community, such considerations are outlined in the Leadership and Race publication How to Develop and Support Leadership that Contributes to Racial Justice.
Deborah Meehan (moderator) is the founder and Executive Director of the Leadership Learning Community (LLC).
Shiree Teng is Principal at Teng & Smith Inc.
Danielle Trimiew is the Academy Director at the Greenlining Institute.
Akaya Windwood is President of the Rockwood Leadership Institute.
Linda Wood is Senior Director of Leadership and Grantmaking at the Evelyn and Walter Haas, Jr. Fund.
Dianne Yamashiro–Omi is the Program Manager of Equity Diversity at The California Endowment.
- Leadership and Race Report Webinar (September 28, 2010)
- Bay Area Leadership and Race Circle Part 2 (upcoming)
- Seattle Leadership and Race Circle Part 2 (June 29, 2010)
- Seattle Leadership and Race Circle (March 16, 2010)
- Bay Area Leadership and Race Circle (January 13, 2010)
Latest page update: made by nataliallc
, Tuesday, 3:36 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Moved from: Leadership and Race Report
No content added or deleted.
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page